Stock photo licensed from iStockphoto.com
Give Your Home the Edge
If you're thinking of making a move in the next few months, now is the time to start small repairs.
Here's a checklist of tiny flaws that often have an impact on a buyer's perception of your home:
- Do any doors not swing freely and shut properly?
- Do the door hinges squeak?
- Are the doorknobs working?
- Does the wall or trim paint need a touch-up?
- Are there smudges around light switches, door handles, or edges of walls?
- Is the carpet dirty or the floor scuffed or scratched?
- Are any switches or outlets damaged or broken?
- Are any light bulbs burned out?
- Do the windows open and close properly?
- Are any faucets dripping or toilets leaking?
These are all things you can fix while the weather is cold outside. So no matter what month it is, you can get started preparing your home, and you'll have one less thing on your to-do list later!
Want to know more about showing your home? Just ask me, I'll be happy to help.